The 21 Week Equity Challenge is an opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of how inequity and racism affect our lives and communities.
You are invited to the 21 Week #EquityChallenge-an opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of how inequity and racism affect our lives and communities. Sign-up to receive a weekly email starting Monday, June 14th through Monday, November 8th. Weekly topics take you through a journey that starts with understanding internalized racism and explores how racism permeates person-to-person interactions, institutions and social structures. You are invited to take the challenge on your own, or form a small group to discuss weekly topics.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
The Challenge Starts June 14th !
Open to anyone looking to understanding internalized racism and explores how racism permeates person -to person interactions, institutions and social structures
An email challenge at the beginning of each week from June to November.
To help deepen understanding, suggest ways to take action, and help launch what we hope will be a lifelong commitment to improving equity and inclusion in our community.
How it Works
- Sign-up to take the challenge.
- You will receive an email each Monday morning for 21 weeks starting June 14
- Note: if you sign-up after 9 am Monday, you will not receive an email until the following week; to review the emails sent in previous weeks, please see the content posted below.
- Each week's message will have information, links to articles, videos, and more about a specific topic. The challenge is to spend time each week (approximately 15 minutes) learning and getting a better understanding of the equity issues we face in Knox County.
- You can participate solo or form a small group to discuss weekly topics.
- We will present you with ideas on actions you can take to help improve equity issues in your community.
- In addition, we will offer three community conversations at the end of week 7, week 14, and week 21 at locations throughout the county.
Equity Challenge Content
New Challenge content will be emailed to participants and posted here each Monday starting June 14.
WHAT WE FIGHT FOR!
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. That work calls us to confront the challenges and disparities in our communities and state. In each pillar of our work – Health, Education, and Financial Stability, which we recognize as the building blocks for a good quality of life and strong community – residents face disparities along racial and ethnic lines.